All couples wishing to enter into a counseling relationship with BILL EUBANK, LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor) will agree to the following standards:
1. Keep all appointments and arrive on time. Should an appointment have to be missed/canceled, please give as much notice as possible (12-24 hours preferably). A $25 fee will be assessed for all "no-shows."
2. Couples individually agree to COMMIT to do their best to improve the quality of their relationship.
3. Couples will complete all homework given between counseling sessions.
4. Couples agree to practice all techniques & communication tools discussed in session.
5. If the couple gets into an argument, they will separate for no more than 1 hour, come back together, then decide what to do with the "subject" that caused the upset.
6. Individuals will SET ASIDE THEIR PRIDE and be willing to seriously look at and deal with their own issues from their past. Also each person must be willing to admit their own part in an upset.
7. Couples will demonstrate a sincere interest and desire to make their relationship better!
8. Couples understand the importance of forgiveness and sometime during the first few sessions, be willing to forgive their mate for any and all "hurt" they may have caused since they first met.
9. Bill is a Christian therefore will use God & Biblical references from time to time to help explain certain principles, even though an individual in the couple indicated they were not interested in the Biblical/Christian approach to counseling.
10. Couples understand that if these standards are not followed and it appears they are "avoiding" interacting with each other, the counseling relationship will be terminated and they will be referred to another counselor.
NOTE: This contract MUST BE SIGNED by the end of the second Couples Counseling Session.